Thursday, January 19, 2012

What I'm working on......

I would like to thank my wonderful sister in law for introducing me to the wonderful world of Pinterest!! At first, I never really got it. Or think it was as wonderful as everyone made it out to be! Oh.My.Goodness. I think it's safe to say I have become quite addicted!! I got a TON of ideas for both kids birthday parties from Pinterest. I got a TON of holiday decorating ideas from Pinterest. And, I have even cooked quite a few recopies that I found on Pinterest!

I have always loved to do crafts and all that fun stuff. But lately, it's getting pretty intense! In the past few months, I have made five tutu's, six holiday/birthday shirts, and two bunting banners. I LOVE it! I even did a few painting projects for the kids bathroom & repainted Ava's table with some chalkboard paint. The husband (who is always full of wonderful ideas!!) thinks I should start selling the stuff I make. I would LOVE to, but there's just so many people in our area who do it already! But who knows.....maybe one of these days I'll start an Etsy shop!!

But for now.....here are a few of the projects I have started.

EASY centerpiece for the dining room table!
I already had the carafe. I used four different sized wooden dowels, foam hearts from WalMart, 2 bags of M&M's, ribbon, & of course, hot glue!
It seriously took me all of five minutes to put together!
Ava loved putting the sticks in the M&M's for me! I even caught her sneaking a few candies every now & then!!

*


This would be the start of Ava's Valentine's Day shirt! I have my fabric. And the plain shirt. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do!
I used this fabric to make a bunting banner for one of my wonderful friends to use as a photo prop!!! She seriously keeps me busy!! But I love it!
I see a visit to the amazing Hobby Lobby in my VERY near future......as in after my hair appointment tomorrow!!

*

And now for some past projects. I could honestly spend HOURS in Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby & Pinterest are a big part in my life. I don't know what I would do without them ;)


ava's shirt for gray's bday party......he has a matching one but with a "g".
my original plan for their shirts was to make my own transfer using picnik....yeah. that was a total failure!
so instead, i took some of the leftover fabric from his banner (the picture of that is down a little more) and made my very own applique!
i did a pretty awesome job hand sewing those suckers, if i must say so myself!!

*

some fun art to fill up empty wall space in the kids bathroom. right now, i have the canvas' hanging up with ribbon....but i'm thinking i may get some white frames to stick them in......i can't decide!

*

bunting banner i made for gray's birthday.
so.in.love with the way it turned out!
and yes.....it is all hand sewn! i have yet to convince the hubby to buy me a sewing machine!

*


a close up of one of the tutu's i made for my photographer friend!
LOVE the ribbon!

*

gray's thanksgiving shirt.
i found the idea on pinterest (duh!).... but it was a canvas.
the "body" of the turkey is g-man's foot!!
ava's shirt was the same...but with her big ol' foot!!

*

again....the tutu's i made for the photographer!

*

ava with her SUPER puffy "rapunzel" tutu & "rapunzel" hair!
she had on a shirt with rapunzel's crown on it...but imagine that...she was too busy for me to snap a good picture!!
i made her hair clip out of scrapbook flowers & curling ribbon. they were also party favors for all the girls that came!
they were a HUGE hit :)

*

and finally......ribbon streamers for on gray's highchair for his birthday party.
we did a pirate themed party.....and you wouldn't believe how hard it was to find pirate fabric & ribbon!!!
i was afraid it was going to be too girly.....but i guess it turned out alright!!

No comments:

Post a Comment