Thursday, May 31, 2012

gloomy.

Lately, that's how I've felt. And I have NO clue as to why. The kids are great, things between the hubs and I are great, the weather is GORGEOUS......but I just feel blah. I have no excuse for the way that I've been feeling. And it's been going on for a few weeks now. I just can't figure out what has triggered this horrible mood.

May was another extremely quick & busy month. Here's a rundown on how our month went.....
  • the hubs had to go to arizona for a week. it went by fairly fast. and we only had one day where ava had a terrible meltdown. the mil was supposed to come pick her up one day....and of course cancelled. once ava found out, that was it.
  • the weekend the hubs got home, ava had her dance recital. THANK GOD ballet is over with for the year. actually, the day the hubs got home was the same day as her dress rehearsal, and it was also game night. holybusyfriday! my mom picked the hubs up at the airport while i took ava to rehearsal. the next night was her recital & i must say....she did great! however, i am very happy with our decision to switch dance studios. and i'll leave it at that!
  • mother's day. it was a hot mess. my mom isn't a fan of mother's day ever since her mom passed away. and that's totally fine. usually, my mom & i would go out to lunch and then spend the afternoon shopping. yeah. didn't happen. that kind of put me in a bad mood. and then of course that put the hubs in a bad mood. it just wasn't a good day.
  • the kids & i went to beaufort, sc along with my mom to visit my amazing sister in law. i must say, i am SO very thankful to have such an amazing relationship with her. beaufort & charleston, sc are BEAUTIFUL! i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to one day live in downtown charleston! 
  • both of the kids & i came home from our little trip under the weather. ava had the sniffles the ENTIRE time we were there....it drove me nuts! grayson SCREAMED bloody murder in the car the ENTIRE way home. thank the lord my mom was with me....other wise.....i would have totally lost it!
  • memorial day weekend. we got to do dinner with our favorites (the fitts) friday night. saturday we went to a local park for the annual "alabama jubilee". it's so disappointing. at least the kids had fun & were able to run around! sunday we spent the afternoon pool side at my mom & dads. even though they weren't home....we still had fun. and monday. monday was good. we went back over to my mom & dad's to spend the day at the pool. as we were all swimming, molly showed up! we all thought she was heading back to beaufort sunday.....but she changed her mind! it was so nice to see her again! 
Really, the worst of the month was Mother's Day. It was such a disappointing day. Well, not really disappointing, just kind of depressing I guess. There was nothing special about it. It was just like any other day. I know. It sounds selfish. But, selfishly, I wanted to be made to feel special on Mother's Day! Especially since I spent the previous week at home alone with the kids. 

So who knows. Maybe it was Mother's Day that sent me into this crazy, gross, gloomy mood. Maybe it was coming home from a great weekend away sick. Who knows. I just hope this passes quickly. I'm ready to start feeling "normal" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment