Wednesday, May 9, 2012

one week as a single mom......

......feels more like one month!

The hubby is in Phoenix for work. He left super early Monday morning & doesn't get back until Friday afternoon. 

I am BEYOND ready for him to be home. I am NOT a fan of him having to travel for work. I was fine with it when we only had Ava. And it wasn't so bad when Grayson was just a newborn. But now, holy cow. These kids wear me out! During the day, I'm fine. Things are "normal". The evenings are the worst. Mostly after the kids go to bed. I get SO flipping bored. My house is clean. Laundry is done. Dishes are done. By 8:30, I'm ready for bed...but as soon as I make my way upstairs & get in bed, I can't fall asleep. Craziness I tell you!

Here's a break-down of our week so far :
  • MONDAY : dropped the hubby off at the airport at flipping 6:30am. came home for breakfast. ventured out to costco & then publix. had dinner at chick & dudes.
  • TUESDAY : mowed the front yard. weeded the flower bed. dug up a dead bush. redistributed mulch in the flower bed. took ava to her LAST BALLET CLASS OF THE YEAR! went to low's for new plants & air filters. had dinner. gave baths. mopped the floors. bed.
  • WEDNESDAY : hair appointment. naps. dinner at red robin with the fitts (minus one!). mother's day shopping for chick. target. babies r us. home. bed!
Tomorrow is going to be another busy day....thank goodness!!! Ava has tball practice & then I have a "mommy date" with my awesome neighbor! We decided to treat ourselves to some Starbucks & a relaxing pedicure! I can not wait!!!

Here's to hoping & praying that tomorrow goes by quickly.....minus the pedicure time! I am very ready to see the hubs!!! And, it doesn't hurt that Friday night we're also having Game Night with our favorite families ever!!!!!!




*
making sidewalk art is always fun!
*
my coffee table was so nice and clean....until someone woke up from their nap!
*
coloring while eating dinner is only acceptable while daddy is out of town!
*
random tea party on the deck with chick!!
*
so grown. time needs to slow down.
*
they were SO well behaved while i got my hair done!
*
waiting for sister to finish up ballet class is exhausting!
*
more sidewalk chalk fun!
*
my sleeping buddy while the hubs is away!
*
what a faker!

No comments:

Post a Comment