Thursday, March 15, 2012

well. i guess that's the end of that.

So. A few weeks ago, I wrote about a "friendship" that I wasn't really sure about. Well, ever since then, things SLOWLY started to go downhill with that "friend". I guess I really started to put everything into perspective after writing that post. 

I have a friend who is also friends with the questionable friend (holyconfusing!) and she was feeling the same way about their friendship as well. It was nice to have someone else see things the way I was seeing them. And, as bad as it sounds, it is nice to have some one to vent to about it! The hubs doesn't really listen (at least i don't think he does....and i'm pretty sure he could careless!!) and having a girlfriend to vent to is always nice!

I will admit, that I am somewhat upset at the fact that I'm down a friend & that it's been almost a week since we have spoken to one another. But on the other hand, I'm really not THAT upset about it. I hate to say it, but part of me is relieved that I no longer have to beat around the bush and pretend to care. I just got to the point where I didn't want to have to hear about her sick kids anymore, how she was sick or hurt or tired, how her mom was buying everything and anything her kids wanted but didn't need, or how tight of a budget they are on even though they had to buy a brand new car & are planning on building a brand new house. I was just O.V.E.R.I.T! I couldn't take much more. I always felt like a bad mom after talking to her or like I wasn't good enough. I got to the point where I just couldn't hold it in anymore & let her know just how I felt. After asking her what her deal was......of course it was all my fault & she somehow managed to turn everything around on me. But I must say, it felt SO good to get all of that off my chest! 

My breaking point came when we were trying to plan our monthly game night with her family & two other families. It was like pulling TEETH trying to get her to tell us if she was planning on coming. She finally told us last minute that they weren't coming because they had already made plans with another family. Oh wait, I'm sorry. She told our OTHER friend that they weren't coming. She would never answer ME when I would ask. Here to find out, she had made plans with the hubs' exgirlfriend & her family.

So here we are. The end of a friendship. For the second time. In four years. I made the mistake of allowing this person back into my life thinking it wouldn't have happened again. I will say the only GOOD thing about letting her back in is......is that I wouldn't be as close to the amazingly talented photographer friend. I'm not usually one to give "friends" a second chance......and I KNOW that there is NO way that she's going to get a third. I can't put myself through that again. There's no way.

Let me just say "thank you" to this person for the good times & "you're welcome" for being there for you through your labor, your pregnancy, your baby shower, and for giving you that second chance. But this is the end. There's no "third chance" for this friendship. You've burned me twice (the first time was MUCH worst than the second) and I've learned my lesson...... Some people will never change.....just get worse. So when you get tired of your new best friend, don't try to sweet talk me into being such "good" friends again.......I won't fall for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment