Friday, August 10, 2012

"playroom" redo {on the cheap}

I've fallen back into the grips of Pinterest. I was doing good at not spending hours on end looking at random things. And then my sister in law sent me a picture of a monogram that she made for her & my brother. Stupid me asked where she found it. I was then hooked. I am now wanting to decorate my house for fall & totally redecorate (and organize) the loft area upstairs. Getting back on Pinterest also made me want to go to Hobby Lobby. 

So. I've gotten a few ideas on what I want to do upstairs for the kids. There isn't very much space up there......but it's big enough for a few of G's bigger toys & A's massive toy box that my dad built. I hate the wall decor that I have up there now. Okay. I take that back. HATE is a strong word....I'm starting to "dislike" them. I want something that is kid friendly & gender neutral. 

{see. very BLAH. it looked good when the hubs desk was there. now...not so much!}

Here's what I've come up with : 

~ Canvas Monogram for each of them with their birth dates.

{So far I have the pages printed, mod podge, & blank 8 x 10 canvases. All that I need to do is attach the paper to the canvas & they'll be done! Easy Peasy!!}

Canvas Photo of each of them when they're around the same age. They both got AMAZING photos done when they were around 4-5 months old. So, I think I'm going to tackle making my own!!!
~ New toy storage.
~ Display for some of their art work. I LOVE this one.......


but don't really love the price ($57!!!). So, I decided to make my own. It's going to be my first project for the play area!        

       
I braved the lovely WalMart with both kids & picked up a few supplies. I spent UNDER $10! I already have an old wooden sign that I don't really like anymore & have tons of craft paint. So all I really needed was sandpaper, a paint marker, & the little clippy things. I didn't like that ones that were in the photo above because they didn't look like they would be easy to attach. Instead, I got the smaller ones that are attached to a magnet. I figured a little super glue or even hot glue would do the trick! 



My plan is to get started on this little project tomorrow. Along with the monograms! Fingers crossed it goes the way I want it to!!! I will post photos once they're done!



No comments:

Post a Comment